NeilMed SINUS RINSE is an easy squeeze bottle system that allows you to deliver the saline solution with positive pressure to clean the nasal passages thoroughly, while maintaining your head in an upright position. You have complete control of the pressure and volume of solution, ensuring a gentle, soothing and therapeutic experience. Daily rinsing is safe and will keep your nasal passages clean, healthy and open.
Nasal Allergies, Dryness & Hay Fever
Sinus Pressure & Nasal Stuffiness
Nasal Symptoms from Flu & Cold
Nasal Irritation from Occupational & House Dust, Fumes, Animal Dander, Grass, Pollen, Smoke, etc.
Post Nasal Drip & Nasal Congestion
Soothing, No Burning or Stinging Large Volume & Low Pressure� System for Saline Nasal Irrigation, Moisturization and Daily Nasal Hygiene
Single piece, custom-designed rounded black cap fits any nasal opening. No push and pull components make for easy cleaning.
Preservative, Drug, Iodine, BPA, Gluten and Latex Free
Premixed Packets of USP Grade Sodium Chloride & Sodium Bicarbonate (Purity level 99% or higher)
Excellent cleansing prior to spraying nasal corticosteroids
pH Balanced & Isotonic, or Hypertonic with two or more packets
Smooth Flow with easy squeeze bottle
Empties nearly 95% in upright position
Suitable for use after sinus surgery and during pregnancy. Consult your physician with concerns.
Portable for travel
Money back guarantee
- 50 regular premixed packets of pH balanced sodium chloride & sodium bicarbonate mixture (USP grade, natural ingredients, isotonic, preservative & iodine free)
- Educational brochure
Directions For Use & Warnings
Please read Warning before using. Our recommendation is to replace the bottle every three months.
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED, IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST SEE YOUR DOCTOR/HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL. ALWAYS READ THE LABEL.
It is very important to keep these devices clean and free from any contamination.
WARNINGS - Please read Warnings before using. Our recommendation is to replace the bottle every three months.
Always rinse your nasal passages with NeilMed® SINUS RINSE™ packets only. Our packets contain a mixture of USP grade sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate. These ingredients are of the purest quality available to make the dry powder mixture. Rinsing your nasal passages with only plain water without our mixture will result in a severe burning sensation as the plain water is not physiologic for your nasal lining, even if it is appropriate for drinking. Additionally, for your safety, do not use tap or faucet water for dissolving the mixture unless it has been previously boiled for five minutes or more as boiling sterilizes the water. Other choices are distilled, micro-filtered (through 0.2 micron), commercially bottled or, as mentioned earlier, previously boiled water at lukewarm or body temperature. You can store boiled water in a clean container for seven days or more if refrigerated. Do not use non-chlorinated or non-ultra (0.2 micron) filtered well water unless it is boiled and then cooled to lukewarm or body temperature. Do not rinse if your nasal passages are completely blocked or if you have an ear infection or blocked ears. If you have had recent ear or sinus surgery, contact your physician prior to irrigation. If you experience any pressure in the ears or burning in the nasal passages, stop irrigation and get further directions from your physician. Keep out of reach of children. Read and retain this enclosed brochure for instructions and other important information.
Always Use Distilled or Micro-Filtered (through 0.2 micron) or Commercially Bottled or Previously Boiled & Cooled Down Water at Lukewarm or Body Temperature. Please do not use tap or faucet water when using NeilMed's nasal wash devices unless it has been previously boiled and cooled down.
Before using the SINUS RINSE™ Kit for the first time, please inspect the cap, tube and bottle carefully for wear and tear. If any of the components appear discolored or cracked, please contact NeilMed® to obtain a replacement. You must follow the cleaning instructions provided in this brochure or cleaning instruction card or on our website prior to each use.
- The SINUS RINSE™ bottle and mixture are to be used only for nasal irrigation. Do not use for any other purposes.
- Rinse your nasal passages only with NeilMed® SINUS RINSE™ packets. Our packets contain a mixture of USP grade sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate. These ingredients are the purest quality available to make the dry powder mixture. Rinsing your nasal passages with only plain water will result in a severe burning sensation. Use distilled, micro-filtered (through 0.2 micron), commercially bottled or previously boiled & cooled down water at lukewarm or body temperature, properly mixed with NeilMed® SINUS RINSE™ packets. Do not use tap or faucet water for dissolving the mixture unless it has been previously boiled and cooled down. Do not rinse if nasal passages are completely blocked or if you have an ear infection or blocked ears.
If you have had recent ear or sinus surgery, contact your physician prior to irrigation. If you experience any pressure in the ears or burning in the nasal passages, stop irrigation and get further directions from your physician. Keep out of reach of children. Read and retain this enclosed brochure, if provided, for instructions and other important information.
- We recommend that you use the rinse ONE HOUR PRIOR to bedtime in order to avoid any residual solution dripping down the throat.
- We strongly advise against the use of our kit on children or adults who have physical limitations or mental disabilities due to developmental or acquired disorders. Adults should read the directions first before using it on their children. Keep out of reach of children. Do not swallow the solution; however, if you do so accidentally, there is no harm as the amount of sodium ingested in one swallow is insignificant.
- Patients who are unable to stand up or bend near the sink SHOULD NOT use this product. We advise you NOT to use this kit on patients who are bed bound or severely debilitated.
Tips To Avoid Ear Discomfort While Rinsing
- If you have had ear surgery, please contact your physician prior to irrigation.
- Do not use if you have an ear infection or blocked ears.
- Rinse with lukewarm distilled, filtered or previously boiled water.
- Keep your mouth open.
- Do not hold your breath while rinsing.
- While rinsing, make sure to tilt your head as shown in the photo below.
- Gently squeeze the bottle while rinsing; do not squeeze the bottle very forcefully.
- Stop the rinse if you feel a sensation of fluid near your ears.
- Most importantly, always blow your nose very gently.
To Avoid Unexpected Drainage After Rinsing: In rare situations, especially if you have had sinus surgery, the saline solution can pool in the sinus cavities and nasal passages and then drip from your nostrils hours after rinsing. To avoid this harmless but annoying inconvenience, take one extra step after rinsing: lean forward, tilt your head sideways and gently blow your nose. Then, tilt your head to the other side and blow again. You may need to repeat this several times. This will help rid your nasal passages of any excess mucus and remaining saline solution. If you find yourself experiencing delayed drainage often, do not rinse right before leaving your house or going to bed.
Caution against using homemade salt mixtures with NeilMed® medical devices: Homemade solutions may have incorrect concentrations, leading to inadequate relief or even nasal congestion. Additionally, store bought table salt and baking soda are not pharmaceutical grade compounds for medical use and may contain impurities.
The NeilMed® SINUS RINSE™ system is a large volume nasal rinse that will deliver 120mL to 240mL(8 fl oz) of saline solution into the nasal passages. Adding one blue packet of NeilMed SINUS RINSE™ to 240mL(8 fl oz) of water will make an Isotonic saline solution (Hypertonic with 2 or more packets) that is pH balanced and preservative free.